Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

What Just Happened??

I think we just had a breakthrough here at GWMS.  I just had two students working together on their project.  Of course the amazing part is that one is at home sick and the other is at school.  WOW.  What a great moment for them.

Here is what happened . . .

I was asked, "Mr. Bonnici. What am I suppose to do today since my partner is at home sick?"

"Can you email her?" I asked.

"Umm . .. can I BBM her?" she asked?

"Of course!! Go right ahead." I replied. The response was great.  There was a big smile on her face and off she went BBMing her partner.

I then suggested that they create a shared good document so they could both work on it at the same time.  She did but the girl at home is not allowed on the computer right now as it is causing major headaches.  The solution . . .call her.  It was simple and 100% effective. Instead of sitting and wasting a full class, these two girls were able to work together for quite a long time and accomplished quite a bit.

It is amazing to see how everything played out today.  It is amazing to see how technology, for those that have it at home, can close the gap and change what it means to 'be at home sick."



No comments:

Post a Comment